Alfredo Dip



Alfredo Dip
Adapted From: studio5.com

This recipe definitely measures up with Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce that I'm crazy about. :) Although, this one seems to have a little more spices in it. Use this sauce recipe over pasta for a wonderful meal.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter {no substitutes}
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Preparation:

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add heavy cream and garlic powder; heat to a simmer. Using a whisk; stir in salt, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened; stirring occasionally. Pour sauce into a small serving bowl. Enjoy with bread sticks for dipping.

16 Servings


11 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, but you're funny with 16 servings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive garden uses romano and no basil or italian seasoning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know!!! I'll have to try this using the romano cheese next time. Thanks for sharing your info...

      Delete
  3. Add a pinch of nutmeg! It adds to the Alfredo taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16 servings. Funny!!!! I agree in adding nutmeg. Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tastes amazing! It didn't turn out as thick as I wanted though, could I use cornstarch to thicken it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't going to thicken unless you really simmer down the cream for quite some time. You have to get rid of h2o by evaporation. You can try a starch to emulsify it with a fat, but I've never tried that. Good luck :)

      Delete
    2. you can also add a little bit of cream cheese to thicken, that is how i do mine

      Delete
  6. This is by far the best Alfredo sauce I've had not in a restaurant. Super easy to make and so freaking delicious! I left mine on simmer while I cooked the rest of the meal so it had time to thicken up more. I didn't use basil because I didn't have any and it still came out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so good. Best I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete