Healthy Mayonnaise


 

Healthy Mayonnaise
Adapted From: Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook

I need mayo in my diet... its definitely a kitchen staple. But I need it to be healthy, so I make it myself! I don't recommend doubling this recipe until you're a pro at it. You can use extra virgin olive oil if you prefer, but your mayo will be darker in color. Note: Both olive oils have the same fat grams, but they have slightly different tastes is the only difference.

Ingredients:

2 egg yolks
2 tblsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups light olive oil or walnut oil

Preparation:

In a large mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, vinegar, yellow mustard, sea salt, and cayenne pepper; blend together using an electric mixer or kitchen aid. With the mixer on medium speed, add the oil in a very, very, very, slow drizzle. Be patient. Don't add the oil in too quickly or all at once. Stop blending when all the oil is added and the mayonnaise is thickened. Store in fridge for up to 1 week.

Makes 2 cups


No comments:

Post a Comment